Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bar Scene Games

  Posted by Picasa

The games people play; it amazes me... I shake my head in observance of all the BS. I laugh to myself and wonder why it's all so necessary. People consider the little things of importance(a job, paying bills, etc.) as wasting time and yet they go out of their way to be about drama and nonsense, jealousy and obvious signs of insecurities. It all makes for great things to write about. Real life is sometimes better than sitting at home and watching television. Just pull up a stool at some bar, preferrably one that has a real cool bartender that takes care of you and has great conversation too. I have that blessed situation with Lisa, my favorite bartender in the world. It's funny because she and I are on this journey to rediscover this delicious drink she once threw together for me. We haven't been able to so far but she's been trying really hard. She'll place a drink in front of me and ask if it's the one. Usually I can tell just by looking at it. I keep telling her that the one she made was blood red with a pineapple taste to it. Not much alcohol in it at all. Just delicious to drink... She keeps making these light pinkish colored drinks that taste good but are nowhere close to being that mysterious drink we're trying to find. It's a fun journey because Lisa is cool but going back to the games that people play; that ain't always so cool. It borders on stupid...

Check this out...Do you ever just go to your favorite watering hole aka bar, grab a stool, sit and observe? I did that after hanging out all day over my cousins for a BBQ/family gathering... Grown people play some silly games! One guy sits next to me.. He seemed cool. He struck up a conversation, talking about the fight(De La Hoya vs Mayorga) that was on. Then this lovely lady comes over. I glance at her because she's very beautiful, cool dress with her stomach showing. She's got a belly button piercing. The guy flirts with her. He touches and massages her hand like he's feeling for a wedding ring. She's not wearing any rings. Then he leans back against the bar looking pleased and folds his arms while talking to her. After a few words exchanged he leans forward again and reaches for her arms. He rubs them a little bit. She doesn't seem to mind. After that she gave him a hug and went back to her table where she was sitting with another lady. The guy then looks at me and tells me that was someone from his past that got away.

"You should've held on to that one!" I say to him jokingly while at the same time kind of thinking that he was probably expecting me to say something like that.

He smiled, glanced at her and then looked back at me and said "she left me so I couldn't hold on. It don't matter though because I got a few other ladies trying to get at me and they all look better than her."

I just nod and I'm thinking, ooooooh kay! This guy got some serious wishful thinking brewing inside his head...

After that he's sitting there finishing his drink. The guy tells me "watch this.." Then he explains his plan before he gets up. He says he's gonna sit where the lady can see him ordering drink after drink and eventually she'd think that he was a highroller, thus providing her with the kind of inspiration to make her want to come over and sit with him. So, he did that... He sat close to her and kept the waitress coming to him but the young lady didn't budge at all from her table nor was she really paying attention to his efforts... His plan didn't work and eventually he left. He staggered away with his head down and probably in need of a strong cup of coffee...

Meanwhile, this other guy came and sat near me. A heavy set dude that looked sort of like the rapper they call E-40. That's what came to mind when I saw him. He was dressed in an oversized short sleeve Sean Jean shirt, some jeans and a powder blue baseball cap that was tilted to the side. He had this big gold chain with a butterfly medallion on the end. This guy was a trip! He leaned over and asked me what he thought was a brilliant question as he noticed two women at a table looking at another lady in the distance.

He asked me "let me get your educated, honest opinion!" He pointed to the ladies at the table and then looked in the direction of the other lady in the distance. He asked "do you think they checking out what this other chick is wearing or do you think they want to get with her- and I mean GET WIT her, you feel me?"

So, I gave him the answer he peobably wanted to hear. I said "GET WIT her!"

"THAT'S what I'm talkin bout! Women be trippin!" He yelled out.

After the E-40 lookalike is sitting there sipping on his second drink, this other lady walks by. He tries to say something to her in order to get her to stop but she keeps going. She looks at him but doesn't smile or frown. Just a cold, empty quick glare at him... I'm not sure if she even heard him. She just kept walking. I looked at her just to see if she was gonna stop her forward motion and come back and talk to the guy. When I turned back to look at him, he was mad at me for looking at the lady!

He said to me "how you gonna look at the girl when I was trying to talk to her? You a weird dude!!"

Then he picked up his drink and left. He sat way on the other side of the room. I could see him in the distance. He looked at me and shook his head as if he were disappointed in me. I could hear the sound of one of my uncle's voice saying "this negro crazy.." because I was by no means interested in that woman who obviously wasn't interested in him at all. She just kept walking without any sign that she was even remotely curious about him or me for that matter! I turned back around and kept my eyes on the monitor to finish watching highlights of the fight, the Lakers losing and enjoying the company of Lisa the bartender. She usually makes my drinks with very little alcohol in it but I sort of told her to make them strong this time. She did and damn was my head spinning!!

2 comments:

Blah Blah Blah said...

I do alot of things by myself (Ikow you'd never know by my blog...but I do) I use to go into bars all the time and watch, drink and observe the natives...crazy.

I have a ton of stories...must of them though have to do with men tryna talk to me...woman in a bar by herself drinking...what guys NOT gonna try and take advantage of that situation. Yet, I've see old men argue...ready to fight, men eager to talk to a chick but not enough gumption to get up and do it, and just random talk that drunk lonely people do.... your right, it's good story telling.

VAR said...

Hey Bloop.. :-)

You know you da bomb and you should definitely be sharing some of your bar stories 'cause I know they'll be incredible and entertaining.. Hope all is fabulous with you.. Gotta make my weekly trip to your blog. I love checking out your journey..

WarmBlessings..
Anthony *