Sunday, March 27, 2005

Saturday Night...


Saturday Night 3-26 Posted by Hello

Saturday night was like a glimmer of possibilites.. It was like feeling a sense of loss in a city filled with opportunity. It was like witnessing a beautiful full moon in the sky overshadowing a corner where life was once taken. It was like driving past a beautiful young woman who clutched herself as she walked away from a flower and candlelit memorial...

Saturday was party time, still with a glimmer of what could be or should be... It was like bittersweet memories left behind by a barber friend who I'd see smiling with pride every time I'd walk through the door. It was like thinking you'd finally found a friend you could shoot the breeze with but only discovering he was all talk and paid for shine...

But Saturday wasn't completely like that....It wasn't all glimmer taken away by slowly revealed, realistic light.. There were moments of real shine... A beautiful author at work, looking very happy and proud to be in her own shoes, wearing them with pride and still maintaining her down to earth-ness... And then there was another moment of shine... A tall gorgeous sistah looking incredible. She wasn't happy at first but even God's most awesomely beautiful sistahs have to endure wake up calls that say, "not every day can be perfect." But you know what? In the moment during our conversations and hugs, it was perfect for me... I thank you for allowing me to speak with you, to compliment you and to shake up your temporary foundation of sadness. Seeing you laugh and blush a little was real cool. I caught you off guard...I like those moments though it's hard for me to believe you cant see what I see... I'ma have to buy you an extra large mirror...*smile*

Going out like I seen this incredible creative soul do on her blog.. I'm bumpin an old school joint in my head... ===Saturday Night== by Earth, Wind, and Fire!

No comments: