Thursday, June 01, 2006

War

  Posted by Picasa

Caught while driving black on a Saturday night, I heard this song coming from the speakers of another car. It was an interesting moment because between myself and the car playing this powerful Bob Marley song was a policeman. He creeped up slowly, no doubt he punched my license plate into his computer. Probably disappointed that he came up with nothing and when he pulled beside me, he gave me one of those cold hearted stares that read, stay out of trouble... Trouble aint my ambition in life, it just comes with the territory being alive. The dude rockin that Bob Marley song turned it up louder, taking away the policeman's focus... That music sounded good and that song definitely needs to be heard.

Until the philosophy which hold one race
Superior and another inferior
Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war, me say war

That until there are no longer first class
And second class citizens of any nation
Until the colour of a man's skin
Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes
Me say war

That until the basic human rights are equally
Guaranteed to all, without regard to race
Dis a war


Bob Marley

No comments: