Friday, December 03, 2004

A year where admiration plays like sour notes...

As I rest my head on memories of this year that's about to say bye-bye, I find myself disappointed in ways I'd never imagine. That feeling isn't just a woman thang. I have found many a man who have no clue about being true to their word either, but that I can brush off very easily. Yeah, I hold women on a higher pedestal and though I know that no one is perfect, I do believe in certain words that come to my mind.

"One should never ask for what they are unwilling to give in return" and for me it's simple. It's all about effort and sincerity, which I find a lot of people lacking these days.

I often look to the heavens and ask "is there something written on me which says I'm easy?" Someone once told me I was "noble." That same person is on my sh*t list and I've got things to say to that person should we ever stand face to face again.

I've had enormous amounts of compliments from women calling me a gentleman, very kind, very sweet.... "Anthony, you deserve the best!" I'm at the point now where most women's words and compliments rarely reach the intended target. Deep inside I'm usually thinking, yeah, yeah, whatever... But I'll still smile and play the role of being grateful...

I thank God he continues to put folks in my life who balance out the disappointments but sadly, they are not the norm... The world could use more TPT's, CB's, MJ's and SG's. Women who can live today and not compromise the promises of yesterday. Women who dont worry about handing someone else a list of things they want but instead will work hard and sacrifice for not only the things they need but what others may need; most times doing that before they do for self...

I was reading something the other day that was sent to me by CB. This part of it makes me say, hmmm...
===============================
The more you seek quality, respect, growth, peace of mind, love and truth around you...the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in the front row and who should be moved to the balcony of your life.
==================================

And my answer to this beautiful statement is "Yo! My balcony is getting full up in there!"

No comments: