Sunday, August 08, 2004

Subtlety Shines...

Little signs always reveal subtle thoughts. Of course, what I see might look different through someone else's eyes. As the sun went down today, I looked out my window. I saw a shadow lying against a tall green ivy bush. The shadow was shaped like the state of Texas, the birthplace of both of my parents. As I get older, I feel like that state is calling me and like a stubborn child, I don't listen but I do think about it. I brush it off... I say, tell Texas I'll be there soon...

I was born in Los Angeles and eventhough I continue to have an on again, off again love affair with the city, it's home for me. Then again, I sometimes think of it as pure seduction because all the things I love about LA have nothing to do with feeling spiritually at home. I love the shine... The glitter.. The weekends where a brotha might mimic being at a tennis match because his head moves from side to side trying to keep up with all the beautiful attention getters parading by.(smile) LA is definitely seductive but Texas and the south got so much more... I'm working my way there... Time will reveal as I gain more courage to try...

No comments: