Sunday, August 08, 2004

Not much sense in Saturday...

Yesterday was gorgeous. The sky all blue. No clouds. If happiness serves as your current calling card, yesterday would've put you in a state of euphoria and had you bouncing off imaginary walls as if you'd lost all good sense. I envy you if that's what you felt. I found myself floating through the experience that was yesterday. I was stranded in wonderment, trying to figure out why I felt so stuck in the middle of neither feeling good nor bad. I couldn't tell what the hell I was feeling. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either but the feeling was there... Then for a couple hours I escaped with the help of a fabulous friend, CFM. She sang and she shared her spirit with me. There's no greater gift than conversation with someone that shares and listens at the same time. An unselfish act that doesn't require practice. It's all about sincerity and being true..

After that blessed moment, I got the urge to get some chicken and biscuits from Church's Fried Chicken. I was reliving a two year old memory when I did the same thing in Louisiana. I fell in love with those honey biscuits. The ones out here aren't nearly as good as the ones I had in Grambling, Louisana but the memory was just as sweet. Then came a funny moment when a brotha asked me for five dollars so he could buy a piece of chicken. He just wanted to get something to eat, he told me. The trip part about it was that I'd seen him using a cellphone prior to when he approached me. How can he afford a cellphone and not be able to buy a piece of chicken? Not much sense to that but it was certainly reminiscent of my day. I had to write the whole day off as being one of those times that would've been better served if I had stayed home and out of the heat...

No comments: