Monday, August 08, 2005

Residue of Saturday Night..


Ant.....................nay! Posted by Picasa

Saturday night was the bomb as I surprised somebody really special with something real cool... Her reaction was worth about twenty million dollars.. Nah, actually it was priceless... I hope it adds even more to the richness of her spirit and beautiful laughter.

Later on I went to visit with a friend of mine by the name of Patrick. He's pretty cool.. Living the good life with a new baby and wife... He's at that point where he wants to get out and enjoy a little taste of nightlife but nothing too wild... He's lucky he has a good friend like yours truly because I respect the blessing of having that one special person all to yourself, especially if its in matrimony. That being said, I dont mind taking him to a place or two to have a blast but I'd never allow him to do something he'd regret or get punched out for by his wife...

It was cool talking with Patrick for a couple hours... I told him about my moment in the spotlight of being spoiled by a dream and a fantasy at the same time...*wink* And then we had a conversation which ran through various subjects from realestate to family and the topic that began and ended the conversation; women. Seems like that beautiful topic always comes up. Patrick said I had what women claim they want and/or are attracted to. A good real job and something on the side which I'm passionate about. That was a cool compliment he gave me. I thought about it, and I smiled. Then I told him sarcastically "well, women say a lot of things...But turning words into action? Well..... ummm...." He smiled so wide his eyes closed and then we laughed about it... A good semi-serious conversation with a good friend was a great way to end the night. I went home after that and dived into a new story that I'm working on. I'm in need of some southern inspiration for this one. Some backwoods, old historic trees, spirits of past lives, and that good ol country smell... Gotta journey away from LA to do that. This was a good weekend...

1 comment:

Shelia said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend.