Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Life

  Posted by Picasa

It's been a minute since I posted anything about the book so I wanted to share a review that came in today from Urban Books Review. This is a good example of quite a few cool reviews I've been getting despite the ONE review recently where the young lady was real mean to me and had absolutely nothing constructive to say..lol.. Thus, her mean spirited review gets filed under "T." But anyway, peep this out as I'm really enjoying the diversity of the reviews. Each person has a slightly different way of talking about my story and each person seems to point out a different scene(s) as well... This story has so much to it that no review has yet to touch on every aspect of the journey this young lady is still on(sequel in the works)and that's a good thing... Surprises keep you staying up all night. *smile*
--------------------------------------------------
Leesha Tyler’s main goal is to leave LA. She wants to leave the hopelessness of her childhood which her own mother is a part of. Leesha and her mother are always at odds especially when her mother runs after no good men. When her mother decides to move in her latest loser boyfriend, Leesha decides its time to move on and make something of herself. She wants to move to Atlanta but first she needs the cash to do it. Leesha soon comes up with a dangerous bank robbery plan and involves two of her close male friends to get the money she needs. All of those plans could change when she finds out a devastating secret about a close family member that will change her perspective on life forever.

My Life Is All I Have is a powerful novel by V. Anthony Rivers. Rivers did a masterful job in telling this story through the eyes of Leesha Tyler. I felt the frustration of Leesha about her home situation and how through it all she still wanted to make something of herself. I also felt the anger and sympathy she felt for her mother. I would love to see if Leesha makes it on her own and if her mother ever comes to her senses. This author really showed how making the right or wrong decisions can determine the path of your life. This novel has the perfect blend of grittiness and deep emotion that grabs the reader from the first page and doesn’t let go. My Life Is All I Have is gripping and insightful. V. Anthony Rivers is definitely an author on the rise.

-------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Blah Blah Blah said...

Nice review. I know it's gotta put a smile on your face and puff your chest out just a little...

Hope your doing better than well...hope your doing great.