Saturday, July 31, 2004

Self~~~~~~~Hatred


What! Posted by Hello

I seen this in the eyes of someone who looked just like me. A black man showed his ignorance and threw it in my direction, intentionally and without hesitation.

It happened today as I was exiting one of my favorite gas stations in Los Angeles. This particular station is located on Florence and Normandy; the hot spot that touched off the infamous Rodney King riots. Today it's a thriving intersection with gas stations, plenty of traffic and a liquor store. Progress? That's another story...

As I was exiting the driveway, a couple cars passed by slowly. The second one hesitated a little bit, probably because they thought about letting me out but didn't. That's cool... I'm patient. Then another car passed but stopped for the redlight and here comes dude.. Not only did he not let me out but he went out of his way to turn the front of his car toward the driveway so that I REALLY couldn't exit. I gave him a sarcastic thumbs up for his unnecessary display. It was sad...

When the light turned green he went about his way. One more car passed and then someone was kind enough to let me join the flow. One hint... He wasn't someone that looked like me. And then we wonder or we question why we dont stick together, support each other, stand together...Instead we get help from others to do what we should be doing for each other... Small moments speak volumes...

No comments: