Saturday, September 06, 2008

Friday Familiar...



I hungout in old stomping grounds today.. Even the new ones felt like old ones. All around LA not much has changed but it felt good to be out and about despite the lack of "change." I was greeted a lot, which was cool. Head nods and verbal hellos unlike past times when there would be an abundance of angry glares or obvious attempts to avoid eye contact. I was worlds away from where most folks go but I love it... there.. I passed through Nickerson Gardens and Imperial Courts, Jordan Downs, Compton Blvd, Watts Towers, etc.. Played lotto over there though I've never heard of anyone from that area hitting the jackpot before.. *smile* I mainly stopped for an Arizona tea before continuing on, capturing moments with the camera and just enjoying myself despite the hot temperature. Got stuck in traffic one time due to a car overturned after what was a high speed chase according to the loud talking onlookers. Everybody was just standing around. The police just looking at what "had happened" so I guess everyone figured they might as well stand and look too.. I was glad to be thru the traffic. I took a few cool shots during my travels but mostly captured a lot of images in my mind of former good times, good moments and then it was countdown time before I would head over the hill and catch my uncle playing with a local blues band. That was real cool because we got a chance to talk for a while and catch up on good times, old times, bad times, etc. I could've used his guidance during my own misguided moments but you live and learn and thank God when you can return, rebuild and find that the closeness is still there... I've never needed a brother because of him... my uncle.. It was a good friday...



No comments: