Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Weekend...


Love is always in the air for me and has been so for a couple years now. I am truly blessed despite the ups and downs that life and this world may bring at times. This weekend brings me memories of life changing decisions and incredible moments of celebration… discovery.. love… appreciation.. The incredible outweighs the bad but sometimes the bad is like a staple so hard to remove that instead you fold the page just to avoid it for the time being. Still, sometimes you return to that page, unfold it and analyze the significance.. Then you realize, no mater how much you relive and re-think the moment, it all boils down to cliché’ wisdom.. That verbal write-off when you say; it was mean’t to be; things happen for a reason… somebody up there somewhere, pulling the strings…. Life providing you with a test to see if you’ve learned anything from before... Anyway, on this Valentines Weekend, the time machine in my mind that kicks in from time to time for whatever reason took me back to a few years ago.. three or four when I was living the high life… riding high, money, chillin in Vegas during the NBA All-star weekend, being impressed by all that is fleeting and truly not real.. I was the perfect candidate for what was to come soon thereafter… The big tumble, the fall, the brink of disaster and so many other words that describe the result of poor decision making and not listening to previous life lessons; stepping backwards and falling down... But again, the cliché wisdom flashes across the screen and perhaps its one of those defining moments that you can take several lessons from… I have and it’s kept me thankful in the most profound way with respect to where I am now. There’s a whole lot of moments in my life that I wish I could return to, but that’s one that I never want to relive so I appreciate to the fullest what’s been given to me now and who has been placed in my life… another one of those meant to be exclamation marks, yet in this instance it has more to do with the lessons learned than reaching for something akin to forcing a square peg into a round hole. Some things aint supposed to fit but try as we might, we eventually wake up, most times after the consequence… So, on this Valentines Day, I say happy Thanksgiving *smile* because I’m so thankful to still be able, be willing, be desiring, be anxious to give… Give of myself and receive something so beautiful, so incredibly special in return… This time it’s so very true…

No comments: